Copy Cat by Alex Lake- Review





Book: Copy Cat

Author: Alex Lake

Publisher: HarperCollins 

Pages: 404

Genre: Mystery and Thriller 

Rating: 3.25/5 Stars

Recommend: Yes 



“He who searches for evil must first look at his own reflection.”

Snapshot: 

 Sarah Havenant- a successful doctor, a wife and an incredible mother of three children. She is living her peaceful life until she met her old friend (Rachel Little) on Facebook and Rachel points out that there are two profiles in her name. Of course, one was hers, and another one was the fake one, but everything in it was so accurate. Photos of her, her and her husband, pictures of her children, pictures were taken inside her house, photos of her friends, and all the recent updates. 

She is perplexed, worried and angry. She started questioning: why would anyone do this? Who can get into her house? And most importantly why? And this is just the beginning because whoever is doing this- waiting and watching her, wants Sarah to find out and now that she has, her life will be changed completely.  

Review:

The story gripped me from the first page, and I liked how fast paced the book is. Although, I find it very difficult to give a rating to this book. The reason being: The story is divided into three parts, The first-two parts were fascinating, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. However, The third and final part was dull, bland and I felt it was a little dragged. Each part solves a mystery or a question that comes to the protagonist's mind like:

Part One is about how the person is messing with her and waiting for Sarah to find out what the person can do to wreck her life. Part two raises some questions like who could be that person? And how the person is getting all Sarah's personal information. Part three discuss all the reasons why the person is doing all these things? What is his/her motive behind this?

I liked the concept and the story development. The characters description and stories of their past life were to the point. Also, what I enjoyed reading is how the side characters were involved and their roles on how to solve this puzzle. Ian Molyneux- the police officer was my favourite. But when the book comes to the part three (which is the last 30% of the book), it becomes very dull and spiritless. I also feel the ending was a bit clichéd. 

Overall I enjoyed reading it, and I was hooked when some unexpected things happened. I loved the writing style and sometimes it makes me put down the book and think about what just happened.



Follow us on:
Instagram: the_wordaholics
Twitter: The Wordaholics
Goodreads: Anushka


Disclaimer:  I received this book from Harper Collins India for an honest review. I would like to thank the publisher for this book.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES

PERCY JACKSON & THE LIGHTNING THEIF