DARK PLACES BY GILLIAN FLYNN

I highly recommend every person to read this terrific novel by Gillian Flynn.

“I was not a lovable child, and I'd grown into a deeply unlovable adult. Draw a picture of my soul, and it'd be a scribble with fangs.”

Okay I have a habit of making assumptions about what will happen at the end and usually note it down somewhere, so that I don’t forget the points. Usually I can easily predict the ending. But with Gillian Flynn, I am always defeated and left off guard. I even tried to predict Sharp Objects' ending and I was bolted from the blue. I mean seriously! What goes on in her head? She writes about horrible people doing horrible things. From the starting of the story she kept me hooked till the very end. I really loved the characterization and her writing style. It has a unique touch to it, which every author aspires for.




The story starts with a girl named Libby who survived a horrendous massacre when she was only seven and her mother Patty and two sisters Michelle and Debby were killed. Libby’s older brother Ben was allegedly held guilty for the murders. There were rumors that he was a Satan worshiper. After 24 years, when Libby turned 32 she was left with no money which she usually got from her well wishers and now she needs to find some other source of income. She managed to find a ‘KC’ club who is willing to offer her money only if she meets the suspects from the night and report her findings to the club. So, what does KC stand for? Kansas City? Noo!! KC stands for Kill Club, which is the weirdest club name I've ever heard. Or  does it just sound weird to me??



Kill Club is formed by the people who have a deep interest in the big crimes that happen in Kansas City. The people in there have their own theories about the murders that had happened. Libby meets some people there, who believed in Ben’s innocence and tried to convince her to re-investigate the murders. When she meets some people out there, she starts believing her brother isn't the killer after all. All that is left to find out now is who killed the Day family, and after all these years truth is going to be even harder to find.

You can follow us on Instagram: the_wordaholics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES

Copy Cat by Alex Lake- Review

PERCY JACKSON & THE LIGHTNING THEIF