PERCY JACKSON & THE LIGHTNING THEIF


Arrrghhhh... PERCY JACKSON!!!

Okay. I've had this book since a really long time, but never read it because? I seriously can't remember the reason anymore. I cannot believe I've waited this looooong to get to this book, because this book is everything!


So to start, the best thing I like about this series is that it's set in the 21st century, so it's relatable (well not in a demigod-ish camp-halfblood way). The character development is amazing, and so is the friendship development. Also the way this story just molds with Greek Mythology and has so much greek elements to it is just so fascinating. All those Greek Gods and stuff!

This book is about a boy named Percy Jackson who has special needs. He is dyslexic and has ADHD (but there's a reason for that). His father is Poseidon –YEAH THAT'S RIGHT!! THE FRIGGING GOD OF THE 
SEA (how cool is that?). 




So he's dyslexic because his brain is 'hard-wired' to read ancient Greek and ADHD is just ­hyper-awareness that will keep him alive on the battlefield. Percy is always getting into trouble and always has to switch schools. After he and his friend, Grover the satyr, reach Camp Half Blood, he is sent on a quest to return the god of the sky Zeus's master bolt. He meets many monsters and even some gods on the way. He also meets a very special friend in Camp Half-Blood, a certain daughter of Athena. Annabeth.

This book is probably one of the best books I have read. I was always wondering what would happen next – some parts were filled with fear and emotion and some filled with action. My favorite part of the book was when Percy fights Ares, the god of war. I could not put this book down. Wherever I went this book came with me.

Rick Riordan Is a very good author and I love reading his books. I couldn't wait to start reading the next one. So I jumped right to it! Also I read somewhere how Rick started writing these books. He being a professor of Greek Mythology, used to read to his son by making up characters and mixing it with the Greek Myth, so his son one day told him to write a book about all these amazing stories he's been telling him. So Rick became inspired and we got these amazing books out of it! 





Percy has ­dyslexia and attention deficit ­hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), just like Rick's son, on whom the character was based. Percy discovers that his difficulties are not a weakness after all, but a sure sign of greatness, which is a great moral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES

Copy Cat by Alex Lake- Review