JUNE WRAP UP- 2


[CONTD.]


  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians- The Titan's Curse (Rick Riordan) 


It's not every day you find 
yourself in combat with 
a Half- Lion, Half- Human.

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens.
And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is
in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the 
quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh, and guess what. The oracle has predicted 
that not all of us will survive...

Thoughts: Oh god. These books just keep getting better. By the end of The Sea of Monsters, I sold my soul to Percy Jackson and I got so committed to the story that I decided to ditch every other book that I was reading and continued to complete the series. I read this book in a day or two. Did I tell you that I love Percy? No? I DO, with all my heart!!! Anyway, we get new characters in this book, and like the other books in the series, it is full of action! Out of all the books, I liked the prophecy in this book the most. Also we got a glimpse of the Titans (who are TEAM KRONOS) in this book. 
A full review of this book will be uploaded soon.


My rating:


  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians- The Battle of the Labyrinth (Rick Riordan) 


HONESTLY, BLOWING UP ANOTHER SCHOOL 
WAS THE LAST THING I WANTED TO DO.

As the son of a Greek god, I've had my share 
of near-death disaster - and now my arch enemy 
Luke wants to invade our camp via an 
ancient Labyrinth.

If he succeeds, thousands of bloodthirsty 
monsters will attack. So it's goodbye sunshine, 
hello darkness as four of us descend into 
the terrifying underground and beyond...

Thoughts: Percy's summer is going to be filled with another quest and yet another colossal problem that brings him closer to the prophecy. This time around Annabeth is in charge of the quest and they will have to find Daedalus, the creator of the Labyrinth, to stop Kronos from attacking Camp Half-Blood. Of course the Labyrinth is no regular maze. It shifts and deceives and there are a butt-load of monsters on every corner. In the mix we have Rachel Dare who we meet briefly in the last book, and she will play a major role here. We get to see what Nico is up to, and I gotta say I really liked him in this one.
There is this one scene where Percy is alone and contemplating a tough decision he has to make and I took a little sniff and thought, "Percy is growing up." Just like they all are. Things are getting to be more dangerous and we are getting nearer to the climax. More pieces of the puzzle are being presented and Riordan is being crafty as well as shady: just like a good storyteller would be. I actually can't fathom how he keeps up with all of it, how he ties all the ends of the story together to make this one big whole thing. All these gods, monsters, and plot-lines to follow; truly great stuff, blew me right out of the waters.
My rating: 





    • Percy Jackson and the Olympians- The Last Olympian (Rick Riordan) 


    MOST PEOPLE GET PRESENTS ON THEIR SIXTEENTH 
    BIRTHDAY, I GET A PROPHECY THAT 
    COULD SAVE OR DESTROY THE WORLD. 


    It happens when you're the son of 
    Poseidon, God of the Sea. According to an 
    ancient prophecy, I turn sixteen and the 
    fate of the entire world is on me. But no pressure.

    Now Kronos, Lord of the Titans, is beginning 
    his attack on New York City. And the 
    dreaded monster Typhon is also heading 
    our way. So it's me and forty of my 
    demigod friends versus untold evil..


    Thoughts: AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS HOW YOU FINISH A SERIES!!!!

    First of all, can we just take a moment to observe how cute the guy on the cover above is? He's like the perfect Percy. And now about this book. GOD THIS BOOK!!!! I'm still speechless from what happened. Such a fantastic ending to an amazing series!!! This was a DAM good series! (Lol, 'dam', get it?) 
    I'm a little sad actually because I didn't want to say goodbye to the one and only Percy Jackson. From the beginning we can already see things are going to move quickly. Kronos has a lot of things up his sleeve and won't let Percy and the other demigods have a break. The book pretty much starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down from there. I have to say all the books have a lot of action, but this one takes the prize. 
    One of things I've always appreciated about the series is that we see things from all angles. We can get why some of the demigods would side with Kronos and how nobody is free from the blame. It is filled with action, tough choices, betrayals, heart attacks,  and you can't beat that. Towards the last part I seriously was getting kind of misty-eyed to see it all end but it was so good. So good. After finishing the book I thought of how great Percy is, and is hands down the best demigod. Hercules who?
    The book ends with a new prophecy for the Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero, to which I jumped right after Percy Jackson because I didn't want to say goodbye just YET!!
    My rating:

    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Follow us on Instagram: the_wordaholics



















    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES

    Copy Cat by Alex Lake- Review

    PERCY JACKSON & THE LIGHTNING THEIF