The Man Who Won the World by O.E. Boroni- Review



I received an E-arc of this book from the author for an honest review.

This book was a rollercoaster of emotions that I have experienced while reading it. I find the book has such an intriguing story and eloquent. Though it is slow paced read, and it took me about 50 pages or so to get into it. But once I was into it, I could see the whole Korean drama in front of me. This wonderful historical fiction based in Korea during 900s takes you entirely in a different world.




The story starts when the princess of Jihye disappeared from the palace and trying to survive outside the wall without getting into any troublesome situation. Obviously! That didn't happen, and when she got into trouble, a young boy (Choi Jiyong) saved her, Jiyong was a farmer and a clumsy boy living his happy life, and when he saved her, it all became topsy-turvy. Their relationship grew in the book, and it was so fun to read.



The story has multiple POVs which gets confusing at the start but as soon as you're into it, you'll definitely to enjoy it. My favorite character in the novel are Seojun and obviously! Jiyong; Seojun was so loyal to the Royal family and his sword skills (OMG!!) he just won my heart, and I also liked Jiyong's character development in the story. The novel contains some Korean words that were so interesting to learn.  It was such an enjoyable experience to lucubrate more about Korean culture and their language. The story is so beautifully written. Also, it is very captivating and vivid imagination of the author by creating this magnificent world. Though the book ends with a cliffhanger and it leaves me with questions like- what will happen next in the next book?  


I highly recommend this book to everyone. 
Also, I was confused whether to give this book a 3-star or 4-star rating? So, I finally settled with 3.5-stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES

Copy Cat by Alex Lake- Review

PERCY JACKSON & THE LIGHTNING THEIF