BOOK RANT || JUNE TBR

I'm finally out of my reading slump. I've been on a reading spree after I completed the Trials of Apollo- The Hidden Oracle. (Thank you Rick Riordan!) I'm focusing on just reading and reviewing this summer, and nothing else, as it is I have a lot of catching up to do. My Partner (who owns the other half of this blog) and I, we have plenty of books which we received from publishing houses and independent authors and which are yet to be reviewed. Hopefully we'll strike them off of our list SOON.

Irregardless of my reading slump, I went ahead and bought some books (the books you already have are never enough, there's always a new book which NEEDS to be read).

So this is my JUNE TBR:

The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward- Actually I'm currently reading this one and loving it. It's intense as well as a light- hearted read (if that's even possible?). This book circles around saving Princess Evelyn who mistakenly drinks the Love Potion she had intended for her crush to drink, and falls in love with herself (which is creepy since she keeps looking at the mirror and talking to herself). The Princess's father (The King) then calls a Wilde Hunt and summons all the alchemists who have to compete in order to brew a cure for the Princess. Samantha, who is the main character of this book, is an alchemist too and enters into the competition. So we follow her journey throughout. I'm yet to complete this book, and as soon as I do, I'll put up a review.




Chronux by Sagar Kamath- My friend and I received this book from an Indian Author who is also a faculty of Symbiosis University (Pune). I have started reading this book too but I'm yet to form an opinion about this one. Will soon upload a review for this one too.



Now this part of the TBR is also my June BOOK HAUL: 

A Court of Mist and Fury & A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas: I had actually borrowed ACOMAF from a friend and had read half of it, but then I got super busy and had kept it on hold. I know, I know, how could I have not read ACOMAF yet? I'm getting there. So I ordered both the parts from Amazon, and I'm really excited to finish this trilogy.



Trials of Apollo- The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan: This is book #2 of the Trials of Apollo series which follows the god Apollo who is thrown out of Olympus by his father Zeus. I found the first part hilarious and can't wait to read this one and follow Apollo on his rocky adventures and attempts to get back to his father's good side and be re-instated in Mount Olympus. You can check out my review for the first book here.



Magisterium- The Iron Trial by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare: I found this book through my favorite YouTuber's channel and she had all nice things to say about this one; and as soon as I read the blurb, I was SOLD! This is the first book in the series called The Magisterium and the main element of this book is Magic. It has a very Harry Potter vibe to it and is about a boy named Callum Hunt who gets into a school of magic called The Magisterium (obviously) and has to go through a lot of trials. That's all I got from the blurb and I'm avoiding reading any reviews so as to keep myself away from any spoilers. And of course if there's Cassandra Clare involved then this book gots ta be amazing!



The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli: I don't remember how and where I found this book, but when I read the blurb, I knew I had to have this book! This book comes from the author of Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda which was hilarious and heartbreaking and a remarkable gift of a novel. Books like Simon do change people's lives and I could expect nothing less from this one too. I don't want to get into much detail about the book as the only thing I know as of now is the blurb of it. 



So thats concludes my June TBR. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES

Copy Cat by Alex Lake- Review

PERCY JACKSON & THE LIGHTNING THEIF