A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES

A Court of Thorns and roses



Blurb- When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world. 

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow over the faerie lands is growing, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.



I read this book a while ago and I really loved it. I decided to review it as soon as possible but I was caught up in work real bad and didn’t get any chance to do it. I was also thinking to get out of this reading slump which definitely sucks. With all these works and reading slump I didn’t get a chance to read. Now, I am back on track and August will be full of books.



“I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.”
When I started reading it I find it quite slow, it gets better and the second half was amazing. I loved every character in this book. Sarah J. Maas depict each character in such a way, they definitely touched my heart. Feyre is a huntress, she is a strong woman and her family is totally dependent on her. Well she made a mistake killing a beast in the woods; a faerie appeared to demand retribution for it. He took him to the dangerous magical land, beyond the wall she only knows about from legends.



When she reached there she finds out that the faerie who took her is not just a faerie, but a high lord faerie- Tamlin who once ruled their world. Tamlin is a high lord of the spring court.
“I’ll let you in on a secret, human: Prythian must claim your life in some way, for the life you took from it. So as a representative of an immortal realm, I can either gut you like swine, or… you can cross the wall and live out the remainder of your days in prythian.”- Tamlin
In this book Tamlin is aggressive and short temper. He is very controlling and it is difficult for him to control his beast within. But sometimes he is gentle for those that he cared for and he always do thing for the betterment of people of his court.  He is a close friend of Lucien who is a high fae, lives with Tamlin in the spring court.
Feyre can go anywhere in a faerie realm except her home. She’s stuck in this new world. Now she must accept it and live with it or she could go back to her home. As she spend more time in the immortal realm the relationship between Feyre and Tamlin grows. From now on I started loving this book. The chemistry between them was magnificent. I loved every bit of it. From being angry at her for killing his friend, Tamlin eventually started liking Feyre. She always amuses him.
And when Rhysand was introduced I was like



SPOILER ALERT!!!
If you haven’t read this book yet! Stop reading right now.
Further review contains some spoilers in it.
Okay so this book is no beauty and the beast for me. This is completely different and I loved it.
When Tamlin first appeared he was aggressive, easily get angry and never liked Feyre but after some pages I find out that Tamlin and Feyre started liking each other and later the book reveals about the curse on Tamlin and on his spring court. Feyre is the only one who could break the curse. The curse was given by Amarantha who's an antagonist in this book. She was the evil monster who loved Tamlin but he never felt anything for her. So she gave him a curse. I know I'm skipping over some things but I do not want to spoil all the good parts.
Lets talk about Rhysand, it seems to me he kinda created the love triangle. He does all the bad things for good.
"Be glad of your human heart, Feyre. Pity those who don't feel anything  at all." -Rhysand
Rhysand makes a deal with Feyre to help her and this part plays an important role in the second book.
The story ends with the good note after Amarantha is defeated and it does not have cliffhanger in the end.

I highly recommend A Court of Thorns and Roses  

Rating:

 4 / 5 stars

__________________________________________________
Follow us on Instagram: the_wordaholics 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES

Copy Cat by Alex Lake- Review

PERCY JACKSON & THE LIGHTNING THEIF