Heartless Review

“You want to hear a riddle, you say? I know a very good one. It begins, why is a raven like a writing desk?’


Recommend: 

Yes, but read Alice in Wonderland before reading this, and then you'll definitely gonna enjoy it.

Rating: 

★★★/5 stars

Blurb: 

This book is like a prequel of Alice in Wonderland and talks about the story of Queen of Hearts (Cath) and How she became the most iconic evil queen. But before this, she was just a sweet girl, who only dreams of opening a bakery with her friend Mary Ann. The story further moves with how she fell in love with a guy named Jest and surviving in a land full of mystery, magic, and monsters. If we talk about Jest, he is indeed an interesting character carrying piles of secrets with him.



Review:

I  personally find the book okayish, for me, the story needs to have something sparkling which should keep me hooked till the very end. But it did not happen here. Also, I have a 100-page rule in which I don't judge a book before completing its 100 pages, but in this, it took me ages to get over it. The starting was slow paced, and it took me some time to get into it. However, the writing style and the world created by Marissa Meyer is indeed astounding. What I liked about this book is the relationship between Cath and her friend Mary Ann who is a maid in their house, how they both wish to open a bakery together in Hearts. Also, her parents were against her dreams and telling her that Mary Ann is the one who is bringing these ideas to her head. Despite what her parents say Cath's relationship with Mary Ann was still firm as a rock. The other thing I find interesting are the riddles

“Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater,
Had a wife but couldn’t keep her;
He put her in a pumpkin shell
And there he kept her very well.
Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater,
Had a pet and couldn’t feed her;
Caught a maid who had meant well
–What became of her, no one can tell.”

Overall I enjoyed reading it; there were some parts where I thought of putting it down but the second half is way more enjoyable read. I rated it 3 out of 5 stars.


Follow us on Instagram: @the_wordaholics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ME BEFORE YOU BY JOJO MOYES

Copy Cat by Alex Lake- Review

PERCY JACKSON & THE LIGHTNING THEIF